Friday, September 16, 2011

The smell of Fall is in the air

I am so excited about the cool, crisp mornings and chilly evening air. I love the smell of leaves and the wet, dew-drenched grass. The crisp, clean scent of fresh air. Ruddy cheeks and the invigoration of a little extra exertion on that chilly morning run. Jeans, sweatshirts--comfy clothes! Open windows blowing the intoxicating Fall air through my home. The smell of baking bread, because now the warmth from the oven is welcomed. The beautiful sea of colorful leaves and the bright, warm glare from the sun. And this year, it's going to be even better. Because there's something special and exciting about sharing my favorite season with my baby boy! He is so curious and he loves the outdoors. I tingle with excitement as I daydream about all the adventures we will have this Fall. And I smile as I watch him discover each new treasure Mother Nature has graciously provided for our enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment