Friday, May 11, 2012

This Time Last Year

It's hard to believe that we are just three weeks shy of the day that changed our lives forever. And in those very short 11 months, I have already forgotten how it felt to carry my baby inside of me. To feel every kick, somersault, hiccup and punch to the bladder. I told myself that I would not forget. But it's inevitable. Because in the past 11 months, I awoke each and every day with anticipation. Excited to see what today would hold. Looking forward. Enjoying each moment and milestone as they came. And he was so much better on the outside, that slowly I forgot what he felt like on the inside. So, in a rare moment of retrospection, here are photos from our lives one year ago. Maybe they'll help me remember.

















Photo credit for these gorgeous photos goes to the amazingly talented Ken Bruggeman. I am forever indebted to him for making me look so glamorous even as I felt near explosion. {Trust me, I did not look nearly so glamorous in real life...but I'll leave those photos in the depths of my computer.}

Becoming Mama has been the most incredible journey of my life. I would not trade one day, hour or sleep-deprived hormonal moment for anything. I am so thankful for this amazing gift.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to be mentioned and featured here today Tabitha! I love your blog and the wise inspirational words you always have to share. Much love to you, Ben, and Burke!

    ReplyDelete