Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just the Two of Us

As the birth of our first child gets closer and closer (3 weeks to go!), I find myself wondering whether I will miss just the two of us. I sometimes have nostalgic moments, maybe even a little sadness, thinking that things will never be the same again. And yet, I am so incredibly excited to meet this creation inside of me. To be a mama. I can't wait. But what about us? Will we still find time for date nights, romance, and that quality time that we both so desperately need? Everyone tells me that you don't remember life before children once they are here. And I think I understand. Life before Ben is very fuzzy for me. A few fleeting and peripheral memories float through my mind every now and again. But for the most part, I have a hard time even remembering the names that go with those faces I sometimes see in my mind's eye. So I think I get it.

I love my life with Ben. I wouldn't wish for any other life. I am one lucky wife and soon-to-be mama! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful, caring, gentle husband who doesn't let a day go by without telling me at least a hundred times that I'm beautiful and that he loves me.
Ben often tells me to take more pictures of us together. That we won't have any pictures to show our kids some day. To memorialize our youthfulness. ;) He often says that we never take pictures of us. So, I decided to look through old pictures from when we first met in the Summer of 2007 to the present time and see whether he was right. What follows is our journey in photos. And I think he's wrong. While we may not have a picture of us together at every event ever attended, you will see that we have strong evidence to prove that we were once young, beautiful and in love! :)




Our engagement dinner (4 months after we met)!



He may not want our children to remember every picture. :)

New Year's Eve 2007-2008 (Ben was having a mustache-growing contest with my brother, hence the hideous facial hair).





Our Wedding Day. August 9, 2008.





Phillies Game!


Dog, the Bounty Hunter and Beth, his buxom wife...




Punta Cana

 See? Told you he was wrong. We've had a lot of fun times these past few years. And while I know that we'll continue to have fun and enjoy our life together, it is about to change. But in an amazing way that I can't even begin to fathom right now. One thing that won't change...no matter what life may bring, I'll never stop loving this man!





1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH a sweet post! I love the phases of your hair, Mama. ;). Lots of Love and Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete