Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Tease...

Last week at this time, I went to the doctor's for my regular check-up and to my surprise found out that I was already 2 cm. dilated and my cervix was soft and thinned. All good signs that I would soon meet my baby. But here we are, one week later, and still no baby. Other than stronger, more consistent braxton hicks, I have experienced no other signs of labor. What a tease!

But, one week ago, I did get one last look at my baby from the inside.

My how you've grown, child. I remember one of my early ultrasounds when my uterus was just the size that your head is now. I do hope I get to meet you soon! I have fallen in love with those full lips and up-turned nose. And I am excited to see some hair even! Please come out. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and kiss you all over. And I also hope that you'll come out soon so that I can have a tiny baby to hold. Since they estimated that you weighed 6lbs 11oz last week, I think you are just fine! And now you're considered full term, so all of your parts are ready to work in the real world.

Come on out, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment