Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Love

This is the day that the Lord has made! A beautiful day to celebrate 29 years. Sunshine and a cool breeze. My kind of day! My little man gave me a great birthday present by sleeping a total of 12 hours last night! Another night of 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep...blissful! All that growing must be tough work, because he wakes up to eat and goes right back down to sleep for another 3-4 hours at a time. Thank you, Burke! When I got downstairs this morning, this is the sight that greeted me:


My sweet hubby had this all set up for me! When I saw the card labeled Momma, tears formed in my eyes. This was my first birthday as a Mommy...and it was so special. My son is the best gift I've ever been given (and yes, I'll always treasure him as though he is a gift). And my husband is the most thoughtful, loving man I know.


I love the Toms shoes that Ben bought for me. They are the Classic Burlap style and are super comfortable. But it is such a neat gift knowing that not only did I get a new pair of shoes, but with that purchase, so did a child in need! Two for one...such an amazing mission. I also got a gift certificate for some pampering at a local nail salon...something that is much needed, much appreciated and without a gift certificate, I never do. I can seriously count the number of manis/pedis that I've had in my entire life on one (well, definitely not more than both) hand(s). It has always been a wonderful experience for me, but it just never became my priority. I am so thankful that Ben purchased this gift for me...he truly gave me the gift of just an hour of alone-time, something that is hard to come by these days. And finally, the best gift of all was the photo book that Ben made for me from Burke. It came a few days ago, and Ben was so excited that he could not wait to give it to me. I cried joyful tears as I looked over each page filled with sweet pictures of my little man. Great job, Ben! (He is not a creative or techy soul by nature...so this was most definitely a labor of love and I appreciate it very much!).



I thank God for another year and for these two amazing boys. He has blessed me abundantly and I am so thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment